Guidance for Covid-19 Service Levels 12/05/2020
James Burrell are offering Safe Collection and Delivery Services for Account Customers ONLY. Our Trade Counters currently remain closed and no cash transactions are permitted, this is to ensure our business can operating in a safe manner for our customers and employees.
Please ring or email your local branch with any enquiries or orders. See our branch locator for a list of our branches and our opening hours.
We will continue to monitor government guidance and provide updates as our business operations change.
Please see below a step-by-step guide to our current collection and delivery procedures.
Safe Collection Procedure
How to arrange a collection;
- Please contact your local branch or salesperson in advance to place your order and arrange your collection time.
- All branch contact information and opening hours can be found on our branch locator.
Collecting your order:
- Upon arrival at the branch, please remain outside the yard gates and call the number displayed.
- A member of the James Burrell team will allow you into our yard when it is safe to do so.
- You will be directed to your designated area, where your goods will be ready to collect.
- If your goods can be mechanically loaded, please stay in your vehicle and a member of the James Burrell team will do this.
- If your goods are to be manually loaded, please load without assistance from our team.
- A member of our team will leave a copy of the despatch note with the goods.
- You will not be expected to sign the ticket but we will require that the name of the person receiving the goods is accepted as proof of delivery.
- Please respect social distancing at all times.
Safe Delivery Procedure;
How to arrange a delivery:
- Please contact your local branch or salesperson to arrange your delivery. All branch contact information and opening hours can be found on our branch locator.
In the safety of our customers and drivers our drivers have strict procedures to follow when delivering and will only offload if safe distancing can be maintained.
- We will only deliver to a designated site compound or to the kerbside where minimum 2.0m distancing can be guaranteed.
- We will request a named contact and contact number in advance of a delivery.
- We will call the named contact when we are on route to allow the offloading area to be made safe and to ensure safe distancing measures are in place.
- We will call the named contact on arrival to arrange offloading.
- We will attempt to follow individual site procedures for offloading of goods, but our driver will not offload if safe distancing cannot be guaranteed.
- Our driver will print the name of the person accepting the delivery on the paperwork.
- OUR DRIVER will sign to confirm the delivery.
- Our driver will leave a copy of dispatch note with goods when process is complete.
- You will not be expected to sign the ticket but we require that the “name of the person” on the ticket (as having received the goods) is acceptance of the delivery being completed in full, for P.O.D. purposes.
Thank you for your understanding during this time.